Saturday, April 4, 2009

Trial By Fire...er, make the Trial OF Fire

(Bored at work = new post)

So I decide to respec my mage to Fire/IV.  I accidentally over clicked one of my talents, so I have one misplaced talent, otherwise I think I spec'd pretty well.  I didn't want to pay 45g to fix one talent point though, especially while I'm still leveling.

Anyway, I haven't really done much testing (RL, always getting in the way of my WoW time), because I haven't been able to get any pugs going.  My mage's guild is small, so it's hard to get guild runs that aren't level 80.  With arcane I've been fairly steady at 1k-1200 or so, and it hasn't really changed much while leveling either, due to rarely getting upgrades for my T4/SWbadge gear.  Of course it doesn't help that I'm 76 and questing in Dragonblight.  LFG channel and working on quest achievements tends to put you behind on questing at appropriate level.  Oh well.  I'll have time for upgrades once I hit 80, and work my way through the higher level questing achievements.

Anyway, my initial feelings on fire are kind of lacklustre.  It's not bad, but for soloing, it's not really good either.  I'm hoping that when I get into a 5 man, I'll really get a chance to burn some things.  I know most mages are either FFB/ToTW or full Arc, or for PVP maybe full Frost, but I tend to like the dark horse specs.  I still have a special place in my heart for Arcane mages, because, well, that just seems right to me.  Mages should be masters of the arcane.  I can't ignore the other specs though, and the idea of Fire is fun because, well, let's face it, it's fun to play with fire.

I'll update again once I've had a good chance to play around with fire spec, I just felt like my Mage was getting kind of ignored on here so far, so I thought I'd dedicate a post to him.

1 comment:

  1. A very handy mod that I have been using is Talented http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12593-Talented.html. you can place your talents kinda like wowhead which if you want to you can import from wowhead or blizzard's talent calculator, very nice feature.

    ReplyDelete